Skip to content
- A swing check valve is a simple backflow preventer designed to allow flow in only one direction.
- Swing check valves are commonly used for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
- PVC swing check valves are commonly found on sump and sewage discharge pipes.
- Most swing check valves are metal bodied with a metal disk that swings open in the direction of flow and is held open only when fluid is moving through the valve.
- Under reverse flow conditions the swing check is held firmly against the valve seat, preventing system losses.
- A swing check valve usually has female national pipe threads but may also be soldered, welded, glued or compression.